Tuesday, May 18, 2010

It IS All About YOU, isn't it?

First, let me explain by taking the defensive. I write this in no way supporting pride and/or the prideful sinful nature that we are born into. This post is written from a different perspective…one of love. Most importantly, God’s overwhelming love and His desire, based on that love, to be in relationship with us.

Why am I writing this blog? The simple answer is because I’m tired of the “It’s not about you” slogans I see everywhere. I do agree that there is one side of this faith that is NOT about you. It’s about God. But, there is a relational side of this faith that I believe is all about YOU!

Let me pose some questions.

1) 1.Who did the creator create in order to be in relationship with him? YOU

2) 2. Who did he allow to help him in naming the animals? YOU

3) 3. Who did he give the 10 commandments to? YOU

4) 4. Who did he send his son to die on the cross for? YOU

5) 5. Who did he leave the living scriptures for? YOU

6) 6. Who did he entrust the continuation of his ministry on earth t0? YOU

7) 7. Who did he promise eternal life to? YOU

Maybe the correct slogan isn’t “it’s not about you”. It scares me to think when we continue to think we are worthless, terrible creatures we continue to put down God’s handiwork…and God doesn’t create junk. God obviously thought we were worth dying for. That love is all about us. God is all about us. I’m equally convinced my title is the wrong slogan too. It’s certainly not just about us, far from it. We were created to serve God. To bring him joy. To bring him worship which he deserves. It is only through HIS grace we are saved. It is HIS standards we’re to live up to. So, maybe in the end, the best slogan would, “It’s about God AND you.” Hasn’t that always been the way it is?

John 3:16 – God loved the people of this world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who has faith in him will have eternal life

1 comment: