Thursday, May 27, 2010

How I know I'm a guy!

Expect this blog to come and go in many parts. I've decided to take time every now and then and laugh at things that make me realize i'm such a "guy". This blog will probably come at both the surprise, and satisfaction of my wife...and possibly to all women. I'm not trying to side with the women on who acts crazier...I believe we all have our nuances that are a bit silly. But, as stereo types go, I'm checking myself to see how many I fit. Some stereo types will be common knowledge, others will probably relate more specifically to things that I do and my wife's response would be, "you're such a guy". So, in good fun, I'm gonna laugh at some of these, and at others I'll reflect and see if there's any legitimacy to the accusations. In others words, is there room for improvement. I definitely think there will be. So, if you'd like gentlemen, come join me on this silly adventure. Women, chime in if you like. Who knows, maybe after this is done, I'll through out some stereo types for you women to reflect on too. Dangerous territory...yes. But, in the spirit of self-reflection and improvement...and some laughter along the way, I think it could be very useful. So, without further adieu...

#1 - I realized today when I was putting dishes away that after 7 years of living in the same house, I still don't know where all the dishes go. Amazingly, I seem to know where they are when I want to use one, but can't seem to remember where they go when putting them up.

Solution - apparently I really do need to pay more attention. Today I'll ask my wife where about three different items go, she'll tell me, and then I'll remember. I guess it's about time I make a mental note so next time I can complete the job. I'm such a GUY!

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA! "Amazingly, I seem to know where they are when I want to use one" . . . this cracks me up, and is probably also true of clean laundry. Fun blog.

    ReplyDelete