Saturday, April 16, 2011

Don't worry, be happy...right?

Why is it so hard to do? You would think there would be many more daunting tasks in life that would take much more of our concentrated efforts to accomplish. Seriously, aren't there bigger distractions in life than little ole "worry". I think I'd have to say, "no!" In all reality, worry weighs on each of us every day. Proverbs even tells us worry weighs on us. I've fallen into worry's trap today and as I write this my mental exhaustion has taken it's toll on me physically. In other words, my stress and anxiety about the day have now brought me to a place where I'm too tired to experience the rest of my day. There's definitely a reason God tells us not to worry. What's more, God tells us we can't add anything to our lives by worrying. The problem for me is, I'm so dang good at it. And, as anyone would, I hate to stop something I'm talented at. ;) All this to say, today my prayer is to let go a little more and rest easy in the arms of my savior. After all, what better place is there for me to be?

Philippians 4:6-7
Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment